(last updated July 2010)
Perforce Software Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process information you provide when using our site at www.perforce.com. Additionally, if you enter into any transactions on our site, we will store the details of such transactions. Information collected may include:
- Information you provide when subscribing to our mailing lists and company newsletter; interacting with the Public Depot, KnowledgeBase, user lists, and weblog; and when reporting a problem with our site.
- Request of services such as customer support, technical support, interactive demos, training, and consulting.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, the resources that you access, and other communication data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Cookies contain information that is transferred from a web page server to your browser via the HTTP protocol and then stored on your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Cookies enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, store information about your preferences in order to show relevant content in the future, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations dependent on where our company's systems are hosted, primarily in the United States, UK, and Australia. The data may be processed by staff who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses Made of Your Information
We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. We occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf; they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information provided and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than to deliver the service. Additionally, some of our services are co-branded and offered in conjunction with other companies. We may share with those companies information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services.
We may use your information to:
- Ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Contact you (in the EEA, by email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
See "Your Rights" for managing the use of your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
In the event we sell any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets. We may access or disclose information about you if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of those of our employees, customers, or affiliates.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may exercise your right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can stop the delivery of future promotional email from Perforce sites and services by following the opt-out instructions in emails you receive.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access to Your Information
You have the ability to access information stored about you. Any access request may be subject to a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.