Get Continuous Delivery of High Quality Software
for Distributed Teams
This release focuses on critical areas for ensuring continuous delivery of high quality software: codeline task management, and supporting automated build and test infrastructure. Task streams and shelving provide flexible ways to work on, review, and promote tasks. Our advanced replication options support distributed teams, and automated build and test systems—whether used pre-commit or later in the process.
With Perforce and Git Fusion, you get the support of advanced collaboration and workflow for Agile, globally distributed teams—even teams using Git. Get the flexibility of distributed versioning while extending IP security and defensibility, scalability, and compliance across the enterprise.
Perforce Swarm is a flexible code collaboration platform built on top of the Perforce versioning service. Swarm's social coding features let you share creative ideas immediately, collaborate on the fly, and get early feedback from continuous integration and deployment.
- Edge Servers: Dramatically improve Perforce version management performance and scalability in a distributed model by offloading some workspace tasks from the main shared versioning service to edge services.
- Advanced replication: Replicas now make better use of available bandwidth. Only a subset of data needs to be replicated to each site, and a replica on one end of the WAN can drive other replicas in the area.
- Task streams: Manage tasks in task streams or shelves, with quick review, approval, and promotion.
- Shelving: Use shelving as a lightweight task and code review system.
- Administration improvements: Fine tune your site maintenance and configurations using command and proxy diagnostics, and properties for site-wide configuration, including support for IPv6.